Join the QRC
Whether you are a novice or an experienced rower, come enjoy the benefits of recreational and competitive rowing on Lake Quinsigamond. The Quinsigamond Rowing Club (QRC) has a number of different programs available for rowers, which vary in skill level & commitment. The goals of these programs range from fitness to recreation to competition.
The following steps must be completed prior to using QRC club equipment:
- Membership Agreement and Dues – Please register online at regatta central, complete the QRC waiver and pay by credit card or check.
Checks can be mailed to:
Quinsigamond Rowing Club
PO Box 752
Shrewsbury, MA 10545
- Bay and Facilities Orientation – A member of the Board or Board representative will meet with new members to provide information about club equipment, responsibilities, and opportunities.
- Captain’s Test – Before using QRC sculling equipment, new members must pass a Captain’s Test which will be administered by a Board member or designee.
- Swim Test – All members will be required to provide proof of ability to swim. This shall consist of either passing a swim test in the lake, which will be administered by the club at the discretion of the board, or a certificate from a qualified organization, such as the YMCA, Boy Scouts, lifeguard certification or other proof of ability to remain afloat in the water while participating in any club activity. (This is a one-time requirement. All members will need to submit this proof – there is no grandfathering.)
- Access to Bay 8 – for access to the QRA Bay, submit an application and $15.00 fee to the town of Shrewsbury:
Director of Shrewsbury Parks and Recreation.
Shrewbury Town Hall
100 Maple Avenue
Shrewsbury, MA 01545