**Learn to Row (Sweep) II
June 24, 2017 – July 30, 2017
- Saturdays/Sundays, 5:30 AM -7:00 AM
$170 per participant (max 9)
$220 per participant (min 5)
Eight sessions. Open to the public. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE. Learn the basic sweep rowing technique, how to handle equipment safely, rules of the boathouse, bay, and lake. Participants completing this course and wishing to continue their rowing experience may become QRC members (discounted by $100) and participate in any or all of our successive programming: Recreational Rowing, Learn to Scull, or Team Sweep with the consent of the coach.
· This program is designed to teach novice rowers the basics of sweep rowing, and rowers who have been away from the sport for some time, to re-familiarize them with the sport.
· The program facilitates a reasonable advancement of each rower’s skills with a focus on safety.
· For safety reasons, it is likely that on a rotation basis, some rowers will stabilize/set the boat, meaning generally not all rowers will row at the same time.
· The focus on safety and technique, along with periods when a rower will stabilize the boat, may result in only a moderate workout on that day. As rowers develop their skills and experience, the workout intensity increases to a point where your row can be your exercise for that day.
· If there are more participants than there are seats in the boat, you may ride in the coach’s launch for some time of a class, on a rotation basis. Observing other rowers, and listening to the coach’s directions on making adjustments in a person’s stroke, are valuable for the observer in terms of understanding to goal of proper technique. Each participant will row in each class.
June 14, 2017 – Aug 16, 2017
- Wednesdays, 5:30 AM -7:00 AM
Fridays, 5:30 AM -7:00 AM
$tba per participant
Min 8, max 13 participants. Comp. Sweep is for people who would like to race in sweep boats & commit to regular workouts. The coach will distribute workouts and handle boat lineups for races. Program cost for an 8+ $1725 and $2300 for an 8+ and a 4+. Price per participant is program cost divided by number of participants (eg $220 @ 8 rowers, $195 at 12 rowers). Coach: Aline Seekins; coxswains provided.
Mixed Recreational/Intermediate (Sweep)
June 19, 2017 – July 29, 2017
- Mondays, 5:30 AM -7:00 AM
Saturdays, 7:00 AM -8:30 AM
$tba per participant
Coach: Chris Noble. 10 sessions; not on 07-01 and 07-03. Min 4, max 9 rowers. Program price per person determined based on no. of participants: $210 @ 4, $95 @ 9 rowers. Pay by check at program start. Membership Required. Must be 18 years of age.
Learn to Scull
July 8 – 23, 2017
- Saturday/Sunday, 5:30 AM -7:00 AM
$90 per participant
Membership Required. LTR Sweep/previous sweep experience a prerequisite. Max 4 scullers per session. Learn boat handling and the fundamentals of the sculling stroke in a smaller group size affording increased safety and more personalized instruction.